Wednesday, June 9, 2010

On The Road Again


Thursday June 10 2010

Headed west, to the Fort Howes Endurance ride near Ashland, Montana.

You might possibly remember my trip there last year (see June, 2009 entries), where it was wet and cold and the riders braved mud and snowstorms on day 2!

This year I'm bringing several raincoats and muck boots - and of course plenty of shorts since the weather could also hit 90*.

Stopping along the way in Wyoming is of course mandatory.

Reports from the road will follow soon!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you're brave! I don't even think about hitting the mountains until last week of June at the earliest (unless I've wearing teles). Beautiful pics, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd never even seen the Rockies in person until we moved to Nevada. Colorado was amazing, but when we veered up into Wyoming I knew I'd found the prettiest place on earth. (At least in the summer. Not so sure about a WY winter.) One day Dixie and I will do all of the rides in Wyoming.

    Anyway, good luck at the ride, and I'm jealous of your Wyoming detour!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to the reports. More beautiful country to visit through your posts.....

    ReplyDelete