Wednesday, September 29, 2010

All Hell Breaks Loose



Wednesday September 29 2010

I'm gone to Europe and Kentucky, and all hell breaks loose.

The Owyhee Canyonlands starts without me in Idaho (where all hell breaks loose). Meanwhile I have some horse trauma of my own in Illinois (almost break a friend's horse's leg); covering the World Endurance Championship in Kentucky is a whirlwind that doesn't stop; it takes me a car-plane-plane-plane-car journey to get back to Idaho at 2 AM - during all of which time I don't have enough battery in my computer, nor enough time in airports to plug in to work on photos and stories - and here I am at home now!

Day 2 of the ride has started without me. I woke up at 9 AM, just as the LD riders were leaving out on trail. Before I even had a cup of badly needed coffee, I heard some of the stories of the trauma that happened here (and a funny Stormy story) while I was gone, that Connie will have a guest blog entry on, and I'll relate my own traumatic ride, and a recap of Kentucky.

Meanwhile, I'm working on getting photos up from the World Endurance Championship this morning before I have to go help with the ride.

Much more to come - many more photos will be going up the next few days here:
http://www.endurance.net/international/USA/2010WEC/.







4 comments:

  1. No entiendo ¿porque has vuelto a casa? , estando trabajando en los Mundiales.
    Lo del accidente te ha pasado a ti o ha un amigo?
    Espero que estes bien.
    Saludos de Gabriel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Sounds as if there are some incredible stories on the way.

    Glad you are home, for now....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it has been a rough few days. I hope you have time to catch up and tell all of the stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoooeee! Why does everything have to happen all at once?

    Sure hope the horse is ok. ANd I hope you are able to catch some breathers soon.

    ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete