Sunday, March 25, 2012

Durango!



Saturday March 24 2012

Road trip! Steph and I headed southeast to Durango, Colorado, for our friend Rusty's surprise birthday party. Total success, he had no idea all of us would show up!

We stayed with Garrett and Lisa Ford, and Garrett took us on a little ride in the mountains around his place. Garrett is riding his Haggin Cup (Best Condition at Tevis in 2010) winner The Fury.


Just gorgeous. People have been known to come to Durango for a visit, then never leaving. 

Hmmm.

[slide show here]

4 comments:

  1. One of my old "stomping grounds" - way back before much of anybody was there! :-) God's Country~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did an NATRC ride up behind the ski area in 2009. One of my favorite rides. Some HUGE groves of Aspens.


    http://trotonhank.blogspot.com/2009/07/purgatory-natrc-ride-durango-co.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to admit all those wide open spaces certainly look appealing to me from here in New Jersey....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to Durango, but I've never ridden my horse around there. Sounds like I've been missing out.

    ReplyDelete