Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Dudley's Honeymoon Adventure (by Dudley)



Monday July 12 2010

The following are Dudley's best memories of yesterday's (failed) trailblazing attempt to reach the green mountain meadow of Burnam Flat from the base of the Owyhee mountains:

It was all uphill! (until we turned around).

It was hot for a fat horse.

Juniper trees are nice until they turn into a dark jungle, and start closing in on a great big claustrophobic horse.

"Oof! Ouch! Argh! Ack!" - my rider's noises and stunt riding, throwing herself flat on my neck, almost hanging off my sides, as I bulled my way through many overgrown trees on a very old, faint, fading, gone, trail.

The Honeymoon Cabin!


Lots and lots of horse edibles: green grass, brown grass, flowers, weeds, junipers, willows, etc. I sampled everything I could get my mouth on.

The box canyon and nowhere to go after all that climbing!


My rider hugging a juniper tree.


After all that effort and no green mountain meadow to picnic on, do my dimples look any smaller??



5 comments:

  1. Oh, Dudley your dimples are adorable. Don't be such a scardy cat, it's such a beautiful place for a trail ride. And you really shouldn't make your rider have to hang on to a tree and kiss the ground she walks on after riding you, that's not nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute butt dimples!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous creature Dudley is! What great photos as well! I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonitos terrenos te encuentras en tus caminatas por esos caƱones.
    Saludos de Gabriel.
    http://ggjineteraid.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete