Saturday, September 17, 2011

Just Me And...



Friday September 16 2011

Nothing. For miles around.

No cows, no cats.

No humans, no horses.

No deer, no donkey.

No noise, no life - nothing for miles around.

Solitariness.

But look again:


...at the Owyhee skies and clouds - a presence sculpting a shifting personality onto the mountains.


... a watching vulture, part of a rock until I get too close; then a brief silhouette.


... a wild mustang stallion pile, marking his territory.


...obsidian flakes, an old rock corral - traces of the past.


Listen harder:


...quail, canyon wren, the sigh of the breeze, wafting down over the Owyhees, whooshing down the Owyhee front, passing over me on its way to the Snake River.

For miles around - just me and Owyhee.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That was really cool!! Well done post!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing. I love open solitary spaces. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful place! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome open space--conversation between earth & sky. Wanted to enlarge your pics to wall size!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Merri! You continue to amaze me! Your prose is like a painting! I didn't even need the photos! (although I'm glad they were there!)

    ReplyDelete