Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Owyhee Menagerie I



Wednesday June 29 2011

Some people take their dog for a walk every day. How boring.

Neighbor Linda takes her whole Menagerie for a walk (and she only needs one halter!): Mama the miniature horse, Holler her baby mini-mule, Bee the Border collie, Goat Dog the dog, and Edna the donkey.


Edna loves Goat Dog and she follows him everywhere. They roam Linda's property... and sometimes beyond... and Edna won't come back unless Goat Dog does.


Sometimes the gang comes over for a visit, stays a while, startles the neighbors ("what the hell is that!?"),

and then they head home.


It may seem odd to some people, but Linda and her Menagerie fit right in with us folks on the crick.

13 comments:

  1. Lol, they're fantastic! What a great group :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! I used to go for a walk down my country road in Texas, and my goat, my dog and my cat would go with me. This makes me think of those wonderful days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way to feel lonely with that gang around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute group!
    I'll bet the horses are a little startled by all the unusual looking critters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to see that group walking down my road!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lot of fun having neighbours like that! I am envious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is that! Thank you for sharing. ~Annabelle

    ReplyDelete
  8. Edna and Goat Dog share a special bond. It must be because Goat is part Great Pyranees. He loves to play with Edna and also with Holler, the baby mini-mule. It's really fun to watch them play.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great. My kind of neighborhood

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is WAY too funny! What a riot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gloria n Andy KeysJuly 10, 2011 at 2:37 PM

    Oh my sooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete