Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Missed



Wednesday June 15 2011

I was gone only a week from Owyhee, but it was a whole week. I missed the busting out of the locust tree blossoms. I missed the baby Raven fledging down the crick. I missed a week of riding. I missed the horses.

And they missed me!

Stormy doesn't always notice when I leave, or particularly get excited when I get back. He doesn't always stop his eating to come up to me, because he knows he can keep eating and I'll come up to him. This time he was happy to see me return, and he walked up to greet me. And it wasn't just about treats. He had some serious bug bites on his chest and belly and armpits that he couldn't reach and needed some serious scratching.

Jose always notices when I'm gone, he always misses me and he's always happy to see me when I get back. He walked up to me to say hi, to get some neck hugs, to nudge me for treats, and get some scratches for his bug bites.

And when I walked away from them, they kept following me.

It's good to be missed!

7 comments:

  1. Traveling is fun, but coming home is better! Especially when you've got such cute boys to come home to! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww!
    I've never seen locust blossoms. Do you have any photos?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feliz vuelta al trabajo con los caballos.
    Saludos de Gabriel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What sweeties. Makes homecoming even better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Locust blossoms look like popcorn! I love locust trees; it seems there is always a few where there is or was an old homestead. Love their little oval leaves and the heavy, knarled bark.

    ReplyDelete