Friday, November 5, 2010

What - Me Cartoons?

Friday November 5 2010

Steph (Steph's Endurance) said she's starting to see life in cartoons - she's started drawing, instead of writing, about her adventures.

The Pickett Creek Brigade all saw in cartoons, after the Owyhee Hallowed Weenies ride last weekend. Some of us threatened to be guest cartoonists, since Steph jumped a plane next day to Malaysia, then Chile, for her next adventures.

I actually did it, making a stab at summing up the ride, cartoon style. It's a bit slow going... the ideas are there, but bringing them to life in Photoshop is a challenge, and a learning experience (I don't read instructions : ). And fun. Just slow.

I mean, why draw with a pen and paper when I can use a wobbly hand and a mouse in photoshop, winging it as I go along as to which tools, layers, sizes, blah blah, etc, to use?

Here are a few panels from Day 1, Birch Creek. (More to come.... just slow!)

Merri







10 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks like fun! (the comics, don't know about the ride!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steph will be s-o-o jealous!!
    Great job!
    Funny! Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, now I'm really impressed with you guys--going on a long ride like that with no saddles or bridles...*lol*

    I love Steph's cartoons and yours are just as much fun. Who needs to write when you can "draw on your experience" with such eloquence. *VBWG*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd never be able to come up with anything credible in photoshop, but I think you did a great job with these cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, Merri, always with the surprising new talents :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I prefer looking at life as a cartoon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What??? It isn't actually a cartoon????

    ReplyDelete