Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Missed


Wednesday November 16 2011

Gone a week. Return late. Dark.

I can't wait for morning. I hike out into the pasture, feeling my way by my feet, listening for the herd.

I can barely make out outlines of dark furry bodies around the hay feeder. They probably cock an ear hearing my voice, but they keep eating.

All but one.

A white blaze glowing by faint starlight appears out of the blackness.

My horse has stopped his eating to come up to me, for hugs, smooches and scratches.

Stormy loves me. I have been missed : )

(Pictures are from this evening... Stormy is still following me around : )

8 comments:

  1. I always check my horses first thing too when I've been away. I love to hear their "horse talk" when they see me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That has to be the sweetest thing ever! What a gorgeous horse!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw-w-w-w. Nothing like a horse's love to make you feel special and the entire day worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to be loved and missed by your horse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What Nina said. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing like that morning nicker and Sabey girl nudging my pocket every morning...

    ReplyDelete