Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Spanish Walkin'



Wednesday January 24 2018

Trick horse Dudley - The Dude - Belesemo Dude - is getting the Spanish Walk down. And we're not working that hard at it, it's just sort of falling into place!

I used to just have him stand still and strike with left-right-left. I can get him to strike out with one leg or the other while in the saddle. But only the last few days I've asked him to start moving forward and stepping, and doing more than three in a row. He's picked it up fast, and is quite pleased with himself.

Here's a video of the progress:


(or link: https://youtu.be/-nxmVKHmnWk )

Go Dudley!


5 comments:

  1. oh man, his expression at the end of that video just kills me - what a sweetie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Dudley looks quite pleased with himself. I would worry that my obnoxious horse would decide pawing was a fun thing to do to get my attention/treats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, uh, confession, I can get him to step under saddle... but sometimes when he's bored standing still he does it without me asking. bad dudley!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I'm impressed! He's a smart horse with a smart trainer.
    (Never admit that he does it on his own sometimes! Just take credit for using his natural instincts in training.)

    ReplyDelete