Saturday, June 8, 2013

The Horsemen's Journal Cover Shot - Summer 2013




Saturday June 8 2013

My photo of a Thoroughbred foal is on the cover of the Summer 2013 issue of The Horsemen's Journal, the official publication of the National HBPA (Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association), editor Denis Blake.

This makes 42 cover photos on 7 different magazines, including magazines in New Zealand and France!

More samples of my published work are here:
http://www.theequestrianvagabond.com/PUBLISHED.html

Thanks again, editor Denis Blake!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations! You are very talented. Love the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Who knew you are a world renowned photographer! (Among your many other skills!) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic photo! Gorgeous horse! Congratulations, Merri! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big congratulations. I can see why your work has been chosen for so many covers. You take great horse photos that seem to capture the personality of the individual.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once again, congratulations! I always admire your ability to capture the beauty and wonder of horses. Somehow you manage to have the camera ready and set at just the right moment.

    Takes a good eye, a talented shutter finger, and probably a hundred more shots that are near misses....so I've been told by other photographers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photo IS exquisite!

    I asked a while back, but I would love to select about five photos for my poetry blogging friends to write to. Do you want me to email you with the five I'd like to use? I would like to use them for a prompt I am doing this Friday (sorry for the rush)

    My theme is going to be to introduce Cowboy Poetry. I am going to approach our efforts as "Cowboy Poetry "Lite" because most of the poets don't live nor walk the walk of a cowboy nor the terrain in which they live.

    I will be highlighting some of my favorite Cowboy poets. BTW, if YOU have any, let me know. It is knew to me, but I am so intrigued (and entertained by it)

    ReplyDelete