Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Watch Out Kitties


Monday May 15 2017

Mo, the big black cat, is always getting in fights with some gray tomcat who keeps trying to sneak in to get his cat food. There's always a horrible yowling caterwauling ruckus when they clash. I run out to try to yell them apart. Half the time Mo comes out on top, and half the time he gets the crap beat out of him, but he won't stop (Audrey the Wispy Terrorist just avoids conflict, though knowing her, the tomcat is terrified of her).

I heard some awful caterwauling the other morning and ran out to see if I could find the cats. As I stood by the crick trying to locate them, this great horned owl flushed from a tree above me.

He may have been drawn by the ruckus… either for a meal, or else he's wondering what the heck is going on and would they shut up already. 

He's beautiful and I love owls, but I hope he wasn't looking for a meal, and I sure hope he doesn't get Mo or Audrey!




3 comments:

  1. Hoping that the beautiful owl keeps away from the cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owls hang out at Bates Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The last place we lived had great horned owls, and we have cats as well as feral cats but I never saw them going after them- perhaps because there were enough rodents and other food sources that don't try to claw you up. The great horneds did go after and kill barn owls though. :(

    ReplyDelete