Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Southern Racehorse: March/April Cover


Wednesday March 27 2013

My photo of a horse jogging on the racetrack in the morning fog is on the cover of the March/April 2013 issue of the Southern Racehorse.

I relish shooting many horse disciplines. This summer my goal is rodeos - so appropriate here in the West, and cutting - a discipline I'd like to try in the saddle, though I expect I'd fall off a good cutting horse! I should probably stick to staying behind the lens there.

More samples of my published work are here:
http://www.theequestrianvagabond.com/PUBLISHED.html

Thanks again, editor Denis Blake!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, you've taken some beautiful horse ph otos. I love the race horse in the myst. My other fav is a horse's head and neck in silhouette, I think on a 2005 yearling book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You take great horse photos, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your capture of light and shadow on this photo make it look like a painting! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Your photographic skills never cease to amaze me.

    Love the action shots of the "old" boys at play below. Once again it proves they are happy and healthy fellows more than content with the life they live.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting and it is a very poetic photo! Speaking of such things, I will be back after this weekend to ask to use a few photos for my poetry group - I will send you the link, etc. so you can check it all out. It's a great group of people and I know they will love your photos. Thanks for being open and interested. Of course, we will give you photos and blog appropriate mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture. Congratulations on being featured on the cover of the magazine. Great work.

    ReplyDelete