Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Reunion: Owyhee Hallowed Weenies




Monday October 29 2012

It's been 5 months (5!) since I got to ride Jose in an endurance ride. He was loaned out in July at the City of Rocks Pioneer Endurance ride, where he took good care of Anya. I was going to ride him in the 5-day Owyhee Canyonlands in September, when he came down with a bad case of allergies right before the ride.

This weekend everything worked out and I was back together with Jose for our 2-day Owyhee Hallowed Weenies ride. As usual, it was an awesome 2-days of 50-mile rides on a great trail with fun company in the Owyhee desert on a phenomenal horse.

I don't know what it is about this horse: his remarkable athletic ability, his huge heart, his utter intelligence, his delighting in going down the trail, his relishing the scenery… Jose is the BEST!

Photo by Amanda Washington, above the Snake River!

Top photo by Steve Bradley!

9 comments:

  1. I see a helmet cam! I expect footage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is a superb horse! I love him and would give him some sugar too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get how you feel about Jose! He is one very cool horse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering about the helmet cam. I hope you have better luck than a fellow I've ridden with. As a former jockey he rides with a hunched forward position therefore much of the footage appears to comprise his crotch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE JOSE! (have I ever said that?)
    Dom: Videos coming!!
    Linda: Jose gets LOTS of treats. : )
    WHP: Uh... I don't think I'll watch those videos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your smile and the horse looks very happy as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have good taste in horses

    ReplyDelete