Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Got to Get Culture



Wednesday February 22 2012

A friend suggested I get out of the backwoods for a while

so I changed out of my riding outfit

brushed off the hay

crawled into my Alter Ego

went into the Big City Far Away with some friends

and hung out with some other friends who happened to be passing through the Big City

and putting on a big concert

Five-time Grammy-winning friends I work with in my Other World

Got some culture 

Got some great music

Got some rejuvenation

Got the spirit

Taking that back home to the tumbleweeds along the crick in the backwoods

while my friends continue on the road

(If you haven't heard the Blind Boys of Alabama, whatareyouwaitingfor!?)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. A little culture never hurt anybody. Glad you were able to get out and see the world again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the small town life, but it's good to get thee to the city for a cultural experience once in a while.

    ReplyDelete