Thursday, February 25, 2010

Get Reading


Thursday February 25 2010

Mrs Mom of Oh Horsefeathers & Related Twisted "Tails" blog tagged me with the Beautiful Blogger Award. Thanks for that!

This means you get to hear 7 things about me, and I tag 15 other *new to me following* bloggers. (I am hoping that 'new' can be subjective...)

Here goes.

1. I looooooooooooooooooove the snow. Oh - wait - most of you know that, much to your annoyance.

2. I hate to backtrack for anything, whether I'm in a car or on foot or in a saddle.

3. I believe books are the greatest thing since sliced bread. sorry, you'll never catch me on a kindle.

4. I'm working on writing a book. I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel! (and you won't be able to appreciate it on a kindle).

5. I was probably a Raven in a former life.

6. I haven't owned a TV in 10-15 years. Although I *AM* a Days of Our Lives addict. Although I haven't seen it in about 3 years now...

7. I want a mustang. I really do want a mustang to start, finish, keep, and endurance ride on (though many many things would have to fall in place before that happens)


Here are the 15 bloggers I'm passing this award to:

1) Maryanne at Turn Right at the Sarcophagus. Maryanne lives in Egypt and she's helped play a bit of a role in my becoming The Equestrian Vagabond. She's a fantastic writer and has great insight on living in Egypt.

2) Maryanne at Living in Egypt. Same Maryanne. Same story.

3) Maryanne at Cairo/Giza Daily Photo. Can I pick Maryanne 3 times? Sure I can, it's my list.

4) The Raven at Forevermore The Raven. A special Raven goes on special adventures. Mostly with me! (Can I pick this one? Sure I can, it's my list.)

5) ~Crysta at Go Diego Go!. I actually had Diego here for a while before Crysta got him. Follow her challenging adventures in bringing along this endurance horse. (In fact, when Huckleberry choked the other night, the first thing I looked at was Crysta's account of when Diego choked and what she did for him)

6) Horse Of Course - the life and adventures of a scandinavian dressage nerd. If you think you're a good rider and you're tough, take a ride with her, bareback, in 20*F below zero. Plus I have a thing for Norway.

7) Adventures and travels of SS Sestina & Apache Bulero - a Junior's experiences through the sport of Endurance riding & Etc!. Watch while Zach aims and prepares for their first Tevis this year!

8) Musings from Montana. Running a B & B, Cid has beautiful photos and insights on life and living in Montana.

9) What are the ravens doing today?. If you are not entertained by ravens, there is something wrong with you!!!!! (JMO)

10) Blogabond.com. A collection of travel blogs. pick any place you want to visit, by any random traveler, for the day!

11) Karen of Karen's Musings & Endurance Ride Stuff has lots of useful information on endurance riding, lots of mileage and photos from rides. Of course, she may be too busy riding to do this, especially since she has a 100-miler coming up this weekend, but...

12) Wet Reins. A horse-ridin' traveler after my own heart! Lately she's posted about some of her previous rides/stints in Ireland, Egypt, Thailand, Budapest.

13) Notes from the Rookery. Danielle's art is wonderful (especially the horses and Ravens! JMO), and she has horses to boot!

14) Colorado Mountain Fever. A recount of climbs up the Colorado 14'ers. A bit early for climbs yet this year, but the photos and stories of past climbs are great.

15) Grey Horse Matters - one woman's journey with horses.... Amusing, fun, thought provoking stories on horses.

So - happy reading, and happy trails!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Merri!
    How nice, glad you appreciate my musings.
    I'll have to think about my homework over the weekend. Now I am off to Sweden to see the World Cup and have lots of fun with a bunch of horse crazy maniacs like myself, yippeee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the award. I'll try and think of a few things nobody knows about me yet. This is going to be a challenge but I'll get to it soon.

    ReplyDelete