Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Rushcreek Playboy



Tuesday December 22 2009

He had no personality when he arrived here in Owyhee from the Rushcreek Ranch in Nebraska 3 years ago. He didn't know what a carrot was. He didn't know what a pat or a hug was.

Rushcreek Mac was a working horse.

His life changed when he met Jose.

Now he scarfs carrots, seeks human attention, shares his toys, and plays with a vengeance.

Apparently Mac and Jose received a Christmas box from the UPS man. I don't know what was in it, but they sure had fun with the outer part.






Sticks are great too.


Jose is coming to get him!






Mac's not having any of it!


Revenge: Mac tries to get Jose while he's rolling!


Jose escapes!


Dancing.


Biting Jose in the butt.


Rearing.






Wrestling.




Bucking.


Sprinting.


Romping.


















Maybe Steph should change his name from Rushcreek Mac to Rushcreek Playboy.

9 comments:

  1. I love it! What a fun pictorial & comments. Those scenes are what make observing horses so worthwhile...horses are so fun. Thanks, Merri!

    Merry Christmas to you!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful to see them play! My grown up ponies don't play at all, even when the youngsters harass them to join in.
    Merry christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we got Rushcreek Gambler, we were told he had no personality, was stand-offish, and not really friendly. He just never had anyone show him he could be different. Not as entertaining as Mac, but indeed, he has personality! Thanks for sharing the ponies at Play!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a happy horse! I always love your stories and photos, Merri. I've never seen anyone else capture the spirit of the horse better than you do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story! I especially love the pix with the UPS box!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Merri; even in winter, creatures of all types give us something to smile about.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wheeeee! Those are some happy, frisky horses for sure.
    I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how a horse can twist it's neck around like that in the photo with the cardboard box. wow!

    I'd love to me almost 17 yr old mare play and cavort like that, but I think she believes she's above all that. lol!

    ~Lisa

    word verif: turdis

    ReplyDelete
  8. After reading your stories I almost always find a way to get outside to hug each of my horses.

    ReplyDelete